View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
You could consider a move or is that beyond almost Anything?
I wasn’t complaining, SF. I was just adding to the conversation that if given a choice, driving to work for AA would be better than an airplane commute to Delta. Over 32-33 years, driving to work from where someone wants to live is priceless. I’ve got about 10 years left before my kids are in college, then my wife and I are moving, but it still won’t be to a DL base...we are moving to South FL.

I live in a UAL/AA base. When I got hired I was originally based in CVG but as soon as I got off probation, I was going to move to the ATL. I was going to buy a condo in Buckhead ( I was single at the time) and I was going to bid the highest paying aircraft I could hold. I was fully committed. I’d probably be your neighbor right now in Peachtree City, if not for September 11th. I was a month away from getting off probation. By the time I got recalled, I had met my wife and both of our families were in the Chicago area. Now, we are happy here, raising our kids near their grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. Life changes. Family is the one constant in our lives. (If you’re lucky enough)