View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Varkguy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: E170 FO

Originally Posted by mrfishy View Post
Single, out of college for about 2.5 years working a 91 operation. Mostly into outdoor activites in my off time. Riding bicycles, hiking, kayaking. Would like to live in the city or somewhere urban enough to walk to starbucks or to get food type of vibe. Close to a train to get to the airport would be a plus. Suburbs are fine, but also I don't want to be a mid twenties single dude not close to nightlife/things to do. $1200/mo budget for rent (seems to be about 30% of takehome?)
You said your rent budget is $1200? Easy to live in Queens or even Manhattan with a roommate at that price. You’re young and single, come here and live where you will have the time of your life. Plus, not owning a car saves you several hundred dollars every month.

I moved to Long Island City in Queens at the start of my time with Republic and I’ve loved every minute of it. A young single person would have to manage their time and energy wisely living here because there is never a time when you don’t have something to do.