Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 PM
DocMcFly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: E-175 FO

As Rickair mentioned you will have an uphill battle making it beyond the regionals without a college degree. I’ve also seen on here that some advise to not get a degree in aviation but anything else you might be interested in, in case of an economic downturn (cyclical airline industry furloughing pilots). Based solely on the limited information you provided (because I can’t possibly know your whole situation)- consider finishing your degree in something other than aviation if it wouldn’t cost you too much extra time and money to switch majors (online degree?). Pursue your certifications and hours away from a ridiculously slow and bureaucratically bloated college program which, if you are a go-getter, will still be faster having to get 1,500 hours than your current path. This was the case with myself and another CFI colleague. We both had degrees in other disciplines. He went back to college and took 2+ years to get his aviation degree. I went part 61 and got to CFII in 8 months (granted I literally busted my tail off). I needed 1,500, he needed 1,000. I still beat him to the airlines.