View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

I agree with everything The Juice said. My only complaint is pre-flighting at 5am when its a few degrees above freezing when all my buddies who are still flight instructing get to sit inside, sip on coffee, and watch their student preflight. And that's pretty much it.

I will be a Captain by Spring/Summer time building my T-PIC while my buddies from college will still be in the right seat of their RJ for another couple of years. Granted, flying a t-prop in some people's eyes isn't the most luxurious job, but the things you can do in a t-prop, and the muck and gunk that you fly through on a regular basis, will make you a better, more well-rounded aviator. Even SAAB would agree with me on that one. I can honestly say that I have learned more this past year from the Captains that I have flown with, than any other flight instructor has ever taught me over the 7 years that I have been flying.

Anyways, I'm ranting and raving. You do what is best for YOU and what will get YOU where you want to be.

Good luck. Let us know if you need any help.

Last edited by Laxrox43; 12-30-2007 at 07:28 PM.