Thread: Nov/dec ae
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 12:46 PM
smellson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
If you are truly flying 85+ hours a month on reserve, for 10 months straight, then the GS in your category are likely plentiful...which means you can fly GS on your X days, get paid above the guarantee, and get the violated X days paid back--which means you'll likely fly far less than 85 hours, and get paid far more.

The ultimate crew resources wet dream of reserves flying 85 hours a month, all due to reserve assignments via on call days, with no GS and payback days, is hard to do. I would say it is completely impossible for ten consecutive months, what with vacation, training, FAR 117 requirements for 30 hour rest etc.
I would disagree with you. The rsv guys flying 85hr/month are typically the guys that can't hold weekends off. 95% of the GS going out, are on weekends. I've filled up for the past 5 months now and I can typically get a weekend or two off. The guys below me are almost guaranteed to fill up every month. I hit 90hrs for September and tried just about every trick in the book to avoid work.