View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:42 AM
ChuckMK23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Default More "inside baseball" commuting from CVG q's

So how does commuting to go on reserve at Envoy actually work - as a 50+ retired military guy, no previous exposure to 121 world.

And by "reserve" where do you sit your reserve? In the crew / ops office at the airport?

Envoy touts this: Commuting pilots receive four company-paid hotels per month at the beginning or end of their trip and schedule flexibility up to six times in a rolling 12-month period, if they experience difficulty with their commute. Pilots awarded LGA in training, they will receive unlimited commuter hotels as well as positive space travel to and from work for the first three months after training.

If I commute from CVG and my base in ORD or LGA (I assume those are most likely) to go on reserve - is the typical scenario to arrive the night before ?

And then where do you stay/sleep? And how are your accommodations paid - is it up to you as a pilot to pay out of pocket for a hotel? How does the clause above above factor into it as far as Envoy reimbursed? Is there still a concept of "crash pads"?

Thanks - being a Part 91 MEI/CFI/CFII and former Military dude, I have a lot to learn about this 121 world. Apologies if the questions are so basic.