View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Mandrake
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Grp Cpt

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
I was just offered a position at Compass. I applied for very similar reasons as Stang. WORST CASE, I get interview experience, maybe an ATP, maybe some training, maybe some flight time before being told we dont need you any longer. 3 of us (out of 7) were offered positions on the spot, MY GUESS is the other 2 will not actually show up to class. 1 was based in SEA, the other was a young kid from Texas I believe, way more options out that way without the career risk. My question is I was told there are spots in the November class, but 2020 classes have not been scheduled yet. Made me think, if nothing comes up, there will be no classes scheduled. Does anyone know if its common for CPZ to not know class dates going into the next year when you apply during this time of year? Maybe I am reading too much into it and its standard practice
Correct we have no projected hiring in 2020. Is that “common”? No. My advice to you is if you’re a gambling man/woman and you live in SoCal, take the job. The crews are great at this company and it’s a great aircraft to fly. Just accept the fact that you might be on the bottom on the seniority list for a long time, on account of no hiring.