View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Slowhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

No. I was one of the last guys hired here when we froze hiring and it’s not a place to be. Reserve here is awful. Even more awful if you commute. And if you think the LAX base is staying more than another year or two... I’m sorry but it’s probably not.

11 days off a month doesn’t go very far when they make you shuffle broken planes until 1:45am on your day off every stretch and give you 5-on, 2-off reserve logging almost no hours. Don’t give this place any of your time. I’ve given it too much of mine, and we had a better looking future then than we do now. I’ve been here 3 years and only had 10 months NOT on reserve.

There is no reason to go here when you could go to skywest/other and have a [RJ] career, not a temporary job where you’ll spend every day worrying if you’ll be unemployed tomorrow. Pick a better regional and move to the domicile.

If we land some UA jets, come on over. But until then, be patient and go somewhere better. Pretty easy to ask to be left in a pilot pool and jump in if good news arrives

Not trying to be negative, trying to save you wasted time and effort for a place you’ll be disappointed in.