View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Daman1994
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I don’t know that they would look at community college grades. However, you might have a tough time getting into a four year institution to complete your degree. But there is no call to give your dream, whether it’s to fly for a major or a cargo carrier. There are always ways to get to your goal.

What is the reason for the low grades and failures? Sometimes people have too much going on in their lives, personal issues or tragedies, or lack of motivation. The fact is, you will have to accrue some academic proficiency, do you feel that you are capable of that? I know extremely smart people who have flunked out for one reason or another (usually too much beer), but have gone back to college or the trades, and have done well.
Thanks for replying: yeah in my years of community college I just didn’t care where my future was headed. Oh and it doesn’t help the fact that when I used to be in High School not only did I receive bad grades but I got a suspension for academic dishonesty It was about 7 to 8 years ago. But after going through all that I realize how dumb I was being and just thinking of my childhood dream of being a pilot. I want to dig it back up, but I also want to know the truth of where I actually stand if I were to fully commit or am I just wasting my time.