View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 02:11 AM
GuardPolice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by averageathlete View Post
I received job offers from both American and Delta, and I am trying to make the most educated choice I can based on my situation. My family and I would prefer to live in Charlotte, but we would also be willing to live near family in Greenville, SC.

If I choose American, I would be living in domicile in Charlotte (eventually) and have the perks associated with that. With DAL, I'd be about a 2.5 hour drive from ATL. I have heard a lot of recommendations to choose the airline that has a domicile where you want to live, but I wanted to get the answer from people who have been there with either company. I know AA also has more growth potential.

Thank you for the help!

Since you interviewed at both carriers, which one felt more like “home?” Did one feel more like a better fit for you than the other?

I’d figure the answer out to that first and then consider the commute situation. I’m probably in the extreme minority when I say commuting does have its advantages in some situations. The biggest is if you know your family would be happier somewhere other than the base(s) your airline has. For some families it’s best not to uproot and move to base. I also believe 2-3 drive isn’t bad at all if you ultimately choose Delta. That can give you some “me” time before and after work.

Good luck with your decision.

GP