Old 10-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Turbine
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair

It seems like it would take longer to get your B.S. degree if you left your current college program now and started taking classes online while simultaneously flying to get your ratings. You may get your flight ratings faster, but not the degree.

Your college program is combining the two and if you only have 1.5 years left to finish all your ratings and have your degree, then I would stay and finish if it were me.

I doubt your college program gives you credit for flying certificates and ratings earned outside their program.

You could transfer credits to Riddle or a number of other online programs and get credit for pt. 61 flight certs., and finish a new aviation degree that way, but like I said, I think that would take longer than 1.5 years; You would no doubt loose some credits in the transfer and may need different gen or core classes etc.

1.5 years is not that long in the grand scheme of things. A recognizable University flight program Bachelor's degree looks better on the Resume than a 61 school added with a lesser known online University. Not saying I agree with that philosophy, but that's the way it is