Thread: Makeup flying
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 12:48 AM
Flightcap
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by week View Post
On that topic, what can a reserve or line holder expect to credit a month? At my last gig we’d bid ‘max days off’ and get 11 off and 85 hour lines averaging 4 hours of credit a day.

I read you have a 3.5:1 trip rig. So if my math is correct... if you spend 144 hours away from base on a 6 day trip, the absolute minimum you could be paid is about 41 hours? Seems too good to be true is why I ask.

And is it possible to be awarded a line that is only 72ish hours? Again at my last place, our “floor” was 75 hours but no one was ever awarded less than 83-93ish with no dropping allowed.

Also, for those that attempt to get max days off without reducing below around 72 hours, how many days off per month do you get?
The 41 hours is mathematically correct but doesn't happen in the real world since the trips are no more than 4 days long.

Getting a line that is 75 hours or less is definitely possible. Especially so during the slow travel seasons.

Dropping and swapping is not hard at all. The reserve grid looking forward for ORD FOs is green the entire rest of the month except three days. Those days all touch weekends. It's a question of how closely you watch Flica for the days to turn green that you need.