View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:22 AM
Notarealpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by spaaks View Post
I'm not criticizing anyone here, just trying to see what the thought process of young guys choosing to stay is.

It sounds like you're also staying for QOL/quick seniority, but also have in the back of your head that the money isn't that much different? Let's use UA for example, yes first year pay is $91, but minimum 2nd year pay is $137 and higher if you take the 756 or 777. I'm just remembering during y'alls contract fight ALPA had that graph of how many years it would take to "break even" if you left F9 for a legacy. Obviously the numbers are different with your new contract, but the numbers were shocking, with 401K match, profit sharing....etc. I remember being surprised that ALPA was saying it was financially advantageous to go to a legacy if you were under like 50 something years old. I'd be curious to know what the number is now
I have a friend that’s a 767 captain at a legacy and I will out earn him this year and I’m in my 20s and he’s in his 60s. This place is a lot more lucrative than the pay scale leads you to believe. We have a lot of soft pay and I work way less than him and don’t commute.