View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Al Czervik
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Slowmover View Post
I have been at AA for 18 months and I am happy here. It was my first pick due to domiciles (desire to live near DFW) and type of flying (ability to do wide body OR avoid backside of the clock flying... you can't do both!).

After 18 months, I'm 55% in base (not DFW) and holding a good line. I fly 13-15 days a month, mostly two legs a day. The captains I've flown with have, to a person, been good people and competent leaders and aviators. Training was good and I have no real complaints. Sure there are always things that could be better... and they will get better. If you spend your whole career focusing on what you DON'T like then you will never be satisfied.

All that to say to the OP: don't over-think it. You will have a good career at any of these carriers. Take the first call you get and, if one offers a chance to get based where you want to live, jump on it.
I think there is a tradition of complaining and *****ing amongst AA pilots (guilty of it myself). Life is veeery good. High 20% in a senior base usually 1 or 2 legs a day (been 6+ months since a 3 leg day) making real good money. Always room for improvement but life is good.