View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 AM
VegasChris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

I started with Liberty in 2017 with a flight affiliate. I am finishing my classes for the bachelor's in aviation in the spring of 2020. It has been all online. I had to take a few classes outside of the aviation major that my transfer credits did not cover. This is my second bachelors degree and I did it specifically for the 1000 hour R-ATP.

Pros- Its all online, books included, teachers are professionals, they have 8 week semesters, flight affiliate made it convenient.

Cons- there is some disconnect between the flight affiliates and the university- but nothing an email or two didn't fix. Its expensive- but you can use student loans for flight training.

Make sure you follow the EXACT details on taking ground and flight classes concurrently so you don't exempt yourself from the R-ATP if thats what your goal is.

I am happy with it. Any legacy carrier is going to require a bachelor's degree so this is a good option- especially if you need the flight affiliate to do the training and student loans to finance flight trainimg