View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 07:24 AM
RustyChain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by therapysession View Post
If you're going to compare pay, it's done at min guarantee. Everything else is just filler.

So 75 hours at x hourly rate.

Anyone who says they are out earning a legacy pilot are either liars, line check airmen, or have zero life and are constantly adjusting their schedule (we do have great work rules). Yeah we got a big pay out between 40-60k....that's what a Delta pilot gets every year in profit sharing.

So for people coming here, this place does have good work rules and great crews so if you live in base it's great. Otherwise I'd be trying real hard for something else. SWA is about to open contract talks, United is in talks, and I believe Delta is about to open soon as well (all 3 currently pay more per hour per seat). Maybe somebody can chime in on that. If you're a commuter, it's a lot easier to commute on your own metal as I'm sure you know.
Not really. If pilot "A" blocks 75 hours and credits 75 hours average per month, and pilot "B" blocks 75 and credits 90 hours per month on average, you can't just use your formula. Throw in average days off and TAFB to make things more complicated and more accurate in comparing situations.