View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Rmk1991
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Can someone educate me on the history of TSA? Why is there a CA shortage? Guys and gals getting picked up my the majors?
TSA is a place to come to get in and get out. The most you'll ever have off is 15 days a month. Never seen anyone lately get more than that. For the month of september, including 3 people who left in training for various reasons, 17 people left. Our negotiations chair just left, but it was for a good opportunity that came up. He originally was going to wait for the contract to be complete but couldn't pass up the opportunity. Most of the attrition was from the CA side with guys going to SWA, a lot to Spirit, 1 FDX, the 2 flows to F9 and a bunch more to jetblue. A few FOs have left that were prior military to UAL/DAL. There's already 2 CAs that have quit this month to go to other major carriers and I personally know at least one whos leaving that hasn't resigned yet. When our active pilot group is only 360ish pilots and we are losing up to 15+ every month, it creates a lot of problems. If you want to fly and upgrade ASAP and you live in domicile, TSA isn't a bad place, especially this winter when there will be 300% OT/JA pay. This winter is going to be rough on the CAs.