View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Burt123 View Post
LOL management and a pilot union are two totally separate entities. Management couldn’t care less about their pilot groups until this starts affecting UA’s operation negatively, then I guarantee something will change. On a side not UA could never get rid of YX and OO, who is gonna full the flying void? These two regionals make up the majority of the UAX operation.
Scott Kirby spoke in very general terms this week (at the United FTC) and stated he would like more control over the the regional product and while it will take time, consolidation into a handful of carriers might be the answer. What that means is anyone’s guess but most of the people in the room heard it as him wanting to grow the exclusive carriers and trim the others. Doesn’t mean it will happen and if MESA, SkyWest or Republic are the best performers it will be hard to justify in my opinion. Jumpseat wars are not productive. We need to support and work well with our regional carriers that support the United operation (in my opinion). It does get fuzzy when some of our regional partners get to declare jumpseat priority on multiple major airlines and their feeders but get upset when United gives exclusive UAX carriers priority on UAL (and the exclusive UAX Airlines). I got a bit of a laugh at the student council’s wording of “violation of FOM” etc and that justifying denial of jumpseats. So, it is a safety issue that you go behind exclusive UAX carriers on United Mainline jumpseats? You guys will always (obviously) have priority on your own jumpseat, not to mention you have priority over all of us on Delta and Alaska so you can use them (2 leg) to commute into your UAL hub to work with “priority “. Not a bad deal!