View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by TenaciousB View Post
The way it was messaged, supposedly the jumpseat committee at UALPA wouldn’t even talk with or return calls from our jumpseat committee to discuss or negotiate this change. Basically taking the reciprocal and agreement out of “reciprocal agreement “. It was less about the final priority than the fact that we couldn’t discuss it ahead of time and negotiate. It’s hard to parse out exactly what happened but that’s what I’m personally gathering based on the communications, so take it for what it’s worth.
I read the message put out by Skywest jumpseat association volunteer group. Again, a jumpseat war won’t help at all. United pilots can easily purchase tickets to work or have our duty manager positive space us on a flight if need be(if it is our last commute option). Hell, my last month of commuting between hubs a year or two ago on mainline I purchased 1st class seats to and from using the discount and enjoyed the comfy seat. I don’t want to see mainline captains blanket denying the three non exclusive carriers jumpseats (and I won’t) if they start a war but I see it coming. Nobody “wins” these but some people definitely “lose” and based on economics, it won’t be mainline UAL pilots.