View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Justpickone
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Default FedEx ground work

Hey everyone. I'm currently in flight school and my ultimate goal is to fly for FedEx. Obviously I have a few years before I meet the minimums to apply, but I'd like to do everything I can to help my odds when I do. I'm currently at IND and they are having a hiring session for package handlers. I don't need the job, and to be completely honest, I'm not especially keen on the idea of the labor involved. My current job requires a lot less work and pays more. Also, when I'm done with school, I will owe several years to a specific regional as part of my education loan repayment. What is the time frame that having worked for FedEx ground in the past would actually be beneficial, if at all? I have to assume that it would increase my chances by at least 1%, and in theory, anything that increases my chances of living my dream would be worth it, right? Has anyone worked for a different division of fedex and then had that help when applying to fly for them? If I can't meet minimums or am obligated for 5 years, is it worth it to work a less desirable job that compensates me less? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.