Thread: UAL and Jumpseats

TenaciousB , 10-13-2019 08:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off
TenaciousB
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2017
Quote: An airline’s FOM is an agreement with their employees how day to day operations are to be conducted. If you are in noncompliance with your company’s own FOM and the FAA witnesses it, you can face regulatory action against you specifically. UALPA’s new JS priority rules are not reciprocal with Skywest, Republic or Mesa. Meaning, the new rules have not been reflected in SkyWest’s, Republic’s or Mesa’s FOM. So, allowing UAL or UAX-E pilots into the jumpseat or letting them list and then be placed in the cabin is in direct violation of the FOM for those airlines. I, for one, will not risk my license and career for this. So, I will not allow UAL or UAX-E pilots onboard until an agreement is reciprocal and properly reflected in my FOM. I left the corporate world not to deal with happy horse ****** like this, but it is what it is. Personally, I will feel horrible every time I have to do it, because we are all pilots just trying to get home or to work, but it has nothing to do with “not being welcome” as some have posted here. It’s regulatory in nature and now it’s in the hands of the pilot associations. Until then just list for non-rev travel on the affected carriers.
The thing is, your and SAPAs interpretation of whether this logic above means you are violating FARs is specious. If only as a pilot group we had the resources of expert attorneys to be able to sort through that and give us guidance...