View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Bravix
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by 1257 View Post
Non-exclusive carrier jumpseat

Keep in mind when the agreement is signed, SkyWest is the same as GoJet.
You can see the priority benefit is only on the exclusive jumpseat.
So in your example, an ExpressJet guy would be the same as a Republic guy as a UAL guy on a SkyWest (non-exclusive) seat.
SkyWest would still go above them in SkyWest flights.
Thank you very much for sharing. While I still have my disagreements with the proposed system, this is far better than what I had been led to believe. It is still in line with our FOM, if what you've shown is accurate which it would appear to be. So long as the United computer system is going to make this differentiation correctly, which remains to be seen.

This also would make it, as you said, more comparable to Delta's system. I still take issue with the exclusive priority system not relying on wholly owned carriers, there isn't precedent for that. I think that's wrong, but not worthy of denying jumpseats. At worse, reciprocate OAL status to United and the exclusive carriers (as has been done to us) until we can come to an agreement.

Never had any plans to deny jumpseats, but this certainly helps make the decision easier. I am still concerned with having to play jumpseat police on a quick turn in order to make sure the seat gets assigned to the right person. Gate agents did a poor job assigning it correctly with the old system, and that was less complicated.