View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 10:43 PM
Burt123
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
What boggles my mind is that over the past couple years the biggest issues I can recall that SAPA and the pilot group got involved in were:

• Should we switch from annual to quarterly vacation bidding? Lots of discussions, a pilot poll, a SAPA vote, etc. All conducted very publicly.

• Should we keep the monthly trip bidding window at 7 days, or shorten it to 5? Again, lots of discussions, a poll, etc etc.

In comparison to starting a war with UAL over our jumpseats, the above 2 issues are, shall we say, inconsequential. Yet we had plenty of pilot input, as was right and proper. In this situation? We just get handed a communique that tells us "This is how it is, this is what we expect you to do."

And *utter silence* from the company. This is what's most puzzling to me. Our management does *a lot* of communicating to the pilot group about everything from latency to mustache dimensions. Yet, crickets.
That’s because your <representatives> were handed a new agreement out of the blue from UALPA stating “this is how it is, this is what we expect you to do” now please shut up and sign we want no discussions about it. Last I read was your executive leadership was onboard with the JS denial action.