Thread: Vacancy 20-03V
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 PM
GoCats67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Tini View Post
No way there will be unfilled Denver positions. This is the first vacancy bid my new hire class is competitive for and over 400 folks have been hired since then.
while you are probably correct, I am reminded of Dumb and Dumber - "So you are telling me there's a chance."

Right now on the snapshot, there are 27 awards to DEN 737 FO and the juniormost award is about 225 seniority numbers from the bottom of the seniority list. So, by just that info it doesn't look too promising. However, when you consider that 26 of those 27 awards are laterals you realize that there is a chance. Right now if the company so desired, they could continue awarding DEN 737 FO positions until they got to 26 more pilots that needed 737 training. Since there are not 26 pilots at that seniority level that are legal to be awarded a 737 assignment (new hires on the 320 or 756 are not eligible) that would require training, that means they can award as many 737 FO positions in Den as they want. Now I don't know how many they will elect to award, but they will need to decide between DEN, IAH, and EWR on where they want to keep awarding. If they are satisfied with the numbers in IAH and DEN, then they will stick with the unfilled spots they have in LAX, SFO, and EWR or just keep awarding unfilled spots in EWR until they get to enough unfilled spots to fill their training needs. Then new hires going to the 737 will all be going to traditional spots of SFO, LAX or EWR.

That coupled with the fact that they can also award 7 more DEN 737 CAP slots than are currently being shown, means you could have extra movement from that as well.

So, I am back to Dumb and Dumber:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
a chance.jpg (4.3 KB, 604 views)