Thread: CAL 737 reserve
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by SEDPA View Post
Can anyone shed some light on EWR 75/76 QOL?? I start training Jan 22 ... was told to expect athe usual 737 & 75/76 split ... I live with-in 2 hrs of EWR, so EWR will work just fine.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!
Hey, congratulations on your new career at CAL! It's hard to say what your QOL will be like, but I'm betting that if you're on reserve, you'll get quite a few days off in addition to the normal 12, at least if the WX is nice. Reserves tend to get abused when the commuters get stuck trying to get to work or ATC delays get out of hand and start timing pilots out. At any rate, the age 65 law sure didn't help anyone as far as moving up and getting lines, but it's something we all have to deal with now. We were scheduled to have approximately 300 pilots retire this year and now we'll probably be lucky to see 5-10% of that number (my guess which may be high). We do have expansion plans, however the price of oil has certainly helped curtail that too. Hopefully you'll hold a line within a few months, but overall, I think you'll enjoy it and have a good time. Welcome aboard and Happy New Year!!