View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 AM
WakeWash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
For debt? A large replacement aircraft order at DL/UAL would get them in the ballpark. Americans debt concerns me. We have gone through a huge spending spree though. New HQ/almost all new aircraft. I think we are ahead of the other carriers expenses coming up.

American has more than $34 billion in debt, compared to United's $20 billion, Delta's $17.4 billion
Delta has spent cash on a lot and is extremely profitable, meaning they can continue to put money into aircraft and facilities without being buried under debt. United is in the same boat I believe. American, however, does not generate the same cash flow. They needed to capture the consumer before they bought a brand new fleet. American right now is like the MAX. Stuck in its old ways but putting lipstick on a pig and hoping they get by like that. The CEO needs replaced, but to change directions I think their entire upper management needs a bed direction. I work for a competitor but for the sake of all my friends at AA, I hope they turn things around before it’s too late.