View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 06:31 AM
drifterf16
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by cocktimusprime View Post
Bwahahaha! Says the guy who immediately aims low and questions a civilian’s ability to work a rudder with “clown shoes?” And then insults me by suggesting only military folks deserve his respect(my wife). Really shows your bias, Gucci.

None of my posts have disrespected the military/guard people. I simply stated how myself and MANY pilots feel about it. I order you to kindly unwad your panties.
an even stop it but its a racket for sure. These guys arr not deploying overseas, they are hanging out at the unit. Once again, stupid conversation because how do you stop it?[/QUOTE]

It’s a scam? Ummm, they deploy all the time. Get shot at. Mortared. Rocketed. Gone from their families for months at a time over holidays, birthdays, anniversaries etc. Risk their lives flying over hostile forces that will kill and torture them if captured. Yeah, it’s a scam. Kinda myopic and disrespectful view. Can their service and sacrifice work out as a positive with a civilian employer? Absolutely. Is it an affront to their civilian counterparts? I guess it is to you. Ask some of these military folks if it feels like a scam while they’re sitting in some $hithole with the “incoming sirens” wailing, knowing they’re not gonna see their loved ones for 3-6 months... If they come home in a box draped in a flag, as some do, was it a scam then? Do some get more lucky with timing as far as airline hiring, reaching mil retirement or deployment schedules? Certainly. You as a pilot, of any flavor, know this whole aviation business is so much “luck and timing” despite your road to being hired at a major airline. I’m not trying to sound elite, or disrespectful of your flying background, just hopefully paint a picture of a side you clearly don’t understand.