Thread: Juicy LAX rumor
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 10:49 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by HalyardJammer View Post
Neider told my upgrade group that he is about 90% certain that we will get the compass planes, but does not think we will get the base. He believes that skywest will get LAX. He also stated that he only anticipates growing the airline by about 150 next year. So current level plus 150.

I just don't think we're doing the hiring needed to open a base. Class 3 weeks ago had 17 people in it.
This is consistent with what I heard from him early this summer. He didn't mention Skywest getting LAX but did say that getting the planes didn't necessarily mean getting the base.

Originally Posted by MD-11Loader View Post
It would make sense for AAG to shuffle the regional feed and give LAX to SkyWest. 20 more planes spread between DFW and ORD could improve the flight file.

If Envoy is on track to hire its fly goal for 2019, then I can see why they would be ok with a small class here and there. The last class was a normal size.
More planes and flights would hopefully help the flight file and QOL.

Getting LAX as a base would help recruiting and anyone that commutes from the west as well as benefiting some relative seniority as DFW and ORD based west coast pilots transferred out as well. But that would likely end up diluting the flight file again so probably no real improvement.