View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 12:30 PM
FAASTER
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: FAA ATC

Originally Posted by flightview View Post
I remember this. Message me for the PIC because anyone that knows him will tell you he doesn’t ******* around with ice. You were legit a drama llama.
On i0/31/2018 the PIC on MY Penair flight refused to de-ice my airplane until my intervention and then he agreed to do so. If he did not, I would have deplaned and taken my bags and a refund. So, when you ride as a passenger commercially, would you just accept the fact your plane is taking off with ice on the the wings, or would you do something to stop it? Or do you consider it being a "drama llama" just wanting to stay alive by surviving a takeoff on an icy plane. I certainly hope that if you are a commercial pilot, you de-ice every single time before takeoff. I don't need to know the particular PIC of the accident flight. I am just saying the Penair operation was going to allow my flight on 10/31/2018 to depart without de-icing. I am pointing out a fact from history. Maybe you don't comprehend the seriousness of ice on the wings? I don't know.