View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:49 PM
IcedOutAP
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Question Q vs ERJ and class dates

Got a CJO for the Q with a class date in January and requested Spokane as my base because they said the Q pilots there are the busiest. If I want the jet instead I need to let them know very soon and those class dates are closer to end of spring (May). They seemed optimistic that there would be more flying available for Q FO’s on account of the new Q400s they are adding and it sounds like people are finally starting to get upgraded to the ERJ from the Q.

I am a California native who will be commuting from the Bay Area for the first few months while my significant other sees if she can land a job up here (she will know by March most likely). If that doesn’t work out I may be stuck commuting for the foreseeable future from the Bay... I also have an interview soon with SkyWest, but their class dates are June/July.

My questions for you guys: 1) I want to fly as much as I can, ERJ or Q? 2)Does 5 months of seniority matter since I just want the most flight time? Q might be the high risk, high reward option: I start sooner, but would also start before I know I’m moving up here. If I request ERJ I could just play it safe and choose Horizon or SkyWest based of off where I end up living. 3) how difficult is the commute from the bay to Spokane or even for that matter from Seattle to Spokane.

Thanks for any and all help - AP.

Last edited by IcedOutAP; 10-19-2019 at 04:21 PM.