View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:35 AM
velosnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Rayeli View Post
I don’t know about Korean Air specifically, but from experience, KLM and Air France will NOT send your luggage through to a delta non rev flight. I imagine it’s the same and You’ll have to clear immigration both ways in Korea to get your checked luggage.

I highly recommend trying to only bring a carry on suitcase and a backpack. With no checked bags, ICN is an amazing airport to transit as a non rev. I’d say AMS is the only international airport I can think of that is easier.
+1 on not checking if at all possible, no specific experience with ICN but the few times we've had to check (snowboards) always have to go outside security and re-check. Big pain in the arse.

Depending who you ZED on they may even check your carry on whether you like it or not at the gate. Good news at this point no need to go back out to security. Asian carriers have less tolerance for carry on size/weight than we do. Last time on Cathay they made us check our very normal 22" rollers (not the heavy metal pilot ones) so keep that in mind.