Thread: DCA
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 04:03 AM
Apejackson
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Jet757 View Post
I think you are mistaken.

Right now people with 305XX-307XX numbers are struggling to cling on to any sort of LCR/BU across the system. These people are coming up on a year here. A solid few months of getting abused by CS. Many of them commuters. The moment they see 313XX numbers holding R1 in DCA many will bid it. Because R1 is commutable with SAP. You don't have to move somewhere to be based there. We have many young, no strings attached people that will commute for a line. A line means better pay and most importantly ability to plan your personal life. So Im willing to bet that in 3 months we'll see more senior people in DCA.
This is what will happen. In my opinion, being able to SAP for max days off and commuting to that is infinitely better than reserve. I’m truly glad that apparently CS is behaving better, but I (and everybody in my NH class) was abused by CS for months and I would have no desire to do that again. With the RD1 and SAP, it’s easily possible to get 17+ days off a month and at FO pay even if you drop down to 65 hours the pay difference is minimal compared to reserve when you account for per diem etc.