View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM
FlyingwithZ
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Douglas89 View Post
For some perspective, I fly at a Part 141 school. I started flying May 15. With a few exceptions, I have flown 3-4 days per week for the duration of my training.

When all said and done it will of taken about 6 months to get my PPL. I am one of the fastest moving students from 0 to PPL my CFI has had. I have easily lost 4-6 weeks from not being prepared when I should of been for my written, and also the long waits for progress checks by chief flight instructor (required per syllabus). Without the long waits for prog. checks and if I would of been prepared for the written at the right time, I could of probably gotten my PPL in 4.5-5 months.

You really should try to fly at least 3 days per week. Know what you are supposed to be going over prior to every lesson and do homework before hand.

Keep in mind I did all this while working full time and dealing with the normal craziness of life. Most of my flights are at 5:00 p.m. So on those days I leave work by 4:00 p.m. to get to the airport on time. Check with your flight school to see if you can work out a good schedule where you can fly more than just 2 days per week.
The 2 days per week will be the minimum for me. My CFI is very dedicated and wants me to fly as much as possible.

My current job is very flexible and I spoke with my supervisor today and she cool with letting me get off early during the week to go fly. As long as my number don't drop dramatically and I don't leave early on Tuesday or Thursday.

What are your thoughts on take the written before actually flying ?