Old 10-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Not exactly, but it would be open to anyone on the plane to connect to it. Yeah, this case will be thrown out in a matter of minutes. These pilot's careers might be another victim of #metoo, however.
Anyone with the appropriate app and the password.

Like I said, I don’t necessarily believe it happened but the very fact that it has been successfully filed enables the plaintiff’s lawyers to depose everyone even remotely connected with it under discovery. That’s a LOT of people. What the plaintiff’s lawyers are alleging is a conspiracy to cover up a crime and that not only the plaintiff but other FAs as well were told to not discuss it. If that alone is confirmed, it looks VERY BAD for the company. If allegations were even made to the company they has a positive duty to inform law enforcement and let an investigation sort out the truth of the matter. If SWA management was aware of the allegations of a federal crime and did not inform the authorities or if they instructed the other FAs to not notify the authorities about a federal crime, someone is in trouble no matter if the actual crime occurred or not.

Also, open for discussion, is the defendants response to the allegations:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4321...awsuit-Denials

I don’t speak lawyerese but it seems less than compelling.

But this is an FA. She’s unlikely to be rich so this is probably being done on a contingency basis, that is, that the law firm gets a cut of the settlement. Clearly the shysters seem to believe they are going to get a payday out of this mess.

In the interim, it’ll give the pax something to ask about other than “is this a MAX?”