View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Cooperd0g
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Archie, Sully, and Scoop, thanks for the good info. Archie, I hear you on the commuting, but I'm going to go with Sully on the keeping the wife happy. She would have to start over at a new location and get a pay cut of about 50% and work her way up as well. I like the Navy, but there are a few reasons I'm getting out. Some are internal Navy things that I don't want to do or like, but another big reason is that the constant moving will kill my wife's career.

I have some retired friends in LA so I might be able to rent a room from them as a crash pad (I used to visit them a lot before I was married anyway), which would work out great for me if I were able to get based at LAX. 767ER sounds like something I would be interested in as well. I didn't think about the smaller affiliates so I'm glad you guys passed that info along. Yes, Southwest does have direct flights between RNO and LA and SLC. I'm not sure how many each day though, but it sounds like I would be able to use them to commut to lines or short call reducing my own time away. I also didn't think about the multiple airports in LA, I figured it would be just one so it makes sense needing the crash pad and a vehicle like you said.

This is all hypothetical since I still have a few months before I can even apply, but the knowledge helps me figure out my options so I really appreciate it.

By the way, will Delta interview people who are finishing up their active duty or do you have to wait until you are out completely? Friends at Southwest were interviewed still on active duty provided they had their resignation in, but friends at FedEx had to wait until they were done with active duty before they could get an interview.