View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 06:19 PM
StickPig
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by watch View Post
My buddy at C5 said he was surprised how bad the training program was run there. XJT has a good program.

C5 pilots: how many hours a month are you blocking on reserve?

At XJT after IOE I had a reserve line with 19 days of work, the next month a relief line with 14 days, and the third month a hard line with 14 days. Since then it has been about the same. Averaging 75-80 hours per month block.
I wouldn’t say it’s ran poorly. It needs improvement in certain areas, but if you pay attention in class, study at night, put work into chair flying and show up to the GFS/SIM prepared, it accomplishes the goal. I’m no systems whiz by any definition, but I came out of the program knowing the systems and confident coming out of the SIM going to OE.

There’s still work to be done in areas like updating manuals and streamlining certain processes, but they haven’t had the jet long, and are twice the seniority numbers as they were a few years ago. The majority of instructors spend the evenings at the training hotels too to review, answer questions and give advice for success.