View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Shenzi105
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Phenom driver

Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
Ok I’m going to dip my oar in briefly, speaking as a once furloughed guy, who was hired when Santulli was riding high , and returned after his successors immolated, both you gentlemen paint an unrealistic picture, Retractable on the plus side, and GEEWHIZ , really , really , on the negative side. There are still issues that need to be worked out, obviously, but since I returned in 2015,this has never been a better place to work than it is now, we have a good union, and management seems to be making the right moves ( we are , and have been extremely profitable) , life on tour at least in the mighty XL has markedly improved along with a sense that we are supported by CMH on the road. Compensation,Hotels, Food, Retirement? yes, we have work to do, in the meantime this is a decent job, with interesting flying , good benefits, a strong union that has our backs, with a management team that is not antagonistic to us, but seems to want to pull together with us going forward. I will never drink the koolaid ever again, but as of October 2019, this place is leagues ahead of where it was October 2015, and most of the peeps I fly with feel the same way. A utopia ? Better than 121 ? Nope, and that’s an apples, and oranges thing, but right now it is a very good job , GODS grace it will get even better when issues like retirement are tackled going forward. End of rave.
Finally someone that sounds like 70% of those I meet at NJA, including my friends who've have been there for 17, 16, 14 years.

Yes Retractable sound way too good most of the time but Geewhiz is so jaded and burnt out he has no credibility anymore.

As far as plane orders and who's got more of the biggest ones, I am surprised that Geewhiz even use the latest FXJ G700 order to add to his ammunition against NJA while everyone has seen over the past 12 years that Flex doesn't ever take delivery of more than 25-30% of what they order. But PR helps raise financing.

Dont' we all think that large cabins are a thing of the past, especially in the US, apart from the very few clients/corporation that need to travel to China or Europe on a biweekly basis? Manufacturer are producing super-midsize that do the job better at a better operating cost. Isn't it normal that midsize and super-midsize are the norm and large cabins with long legs a minority of the business, more so than 20 years ago?