View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:38 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
I think you are gravely mistaken if you think that anyone other than the management of Atlas can change the outcome of this catastrophe. AAWW is headed out of the airline business and will become nothing more than a leasing company and we couldn't stop them even if we said we'd fly for free. They have driven this ship beyond the point of no return.
I agree with most but not all of this. I agree that our safety problems are rooted primarily in management decisions. I disagree that only management can drive change. When we believe this, we also rationalize inaction on our part. I can't see any way to justify inaction.

A LOSA proposal to management and announced to the crew would put the onus on management to refuse a proposed safety improvement. Moreover it would be the beginning of a rapprochement between parties, at least on safety issues. There's no shortage of people across the board who want to see improvements. This may create the cover for personnel on both sides to get working on the improvements we need. So we can apply pressure while still mending bonds here.

We are in a unique period of opportunity to improve and build-up this place. Regulators at various FSDOs are looking for ways to legitimize themselves right now. We have a bloody mandate to improve from GTI3591. Our executives could seize upon this to justify their commitment to safety. Our new local, 2750, could use this as a way to prove they're capable of doing something for the crews. So everyone's got a real incentive to deliver a result here. Deploying a LOSA program would be an easy way for all of us to get a win and move collectively in a decent direction.

All we have to do is start working. Just do something.