View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:26 AM
CA Deplorable
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
This is accurate if I remember our conversation correctly. Point being is that as of this moment there has never been a flow.

From a company standpoint I cannot see an advantage. Doug has just as much trouble recruiting pilots as the rest of the industry. Pilots from Charters bring no special skills or knowledge of Kalitta Air, like a Delta commuter pilot would of the Delta system. Charters pilots fly low hours, in analog equipment, domestically. There could be some transfer of knowledge due to their operation in the DHL system for domestic 767 operations.

K4 gets resumes from much higher qualified pilots.
I would beg to differ, there is no reason a guy from Charters, Charters II, Airnet shouldn't be able to continue or advance their career at a Kalitta company. Im sure DK will use the flow as a tool to get pilots in the door with the hopes of one day flying at K4. No special skill, how about brand loyalty! Every person had to start somewhere and its always the guy that was giving the opportunity of a lifetime that forgets the door should remain open for others to follow. Just imagine all the Flight Engineers, Mechanics and Loadmasters being denied a shot because there are higher qualified candidates outside the organization, some of those "no special skill" guys have went on to become Captains, Checkairmen, and Management at K4.

Last edited by CA Deplorable; 10-30-2019 at 08:42 AM.