Thread: Pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:34 AM
CheewiesCopilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
Pros and cons.... Let me explain Envoy to you in a way that might make sense and also help you understand everyone’s comments.

So when people tell you about Envoy and say it’s great or horrible believe them because that is their experience. Envoy has 4 bases and 3 ( soon to be 2) aircraft and depending on date of hire and base they will have completely different experiences. A pilot hired in early 2017 that went to ORD 145 held a line pretty much out of training. At one point in the spring of 2017 there were more lines than FOs in Chicago. Fast forward to fall/winter of 2017 and the reserve list in ORD was over 160 pilots. All of them fighting to fly and build time. Same plane and base but two drastically different experiences in less than a year. From their in the Spring of 18 those pilots were like I’m getting out of here and headed to DFW well so did EVERYONE else and bam now DFW is over staffed and people are stuck on reserve but line holders are at least able to drop stuff now. Pilots hired into the 175 seem to have a pretty predictable path from training to holding a line. So when someone tells you about how Envoy is the worst and someone else tells you how awesome it is then believe both of them. Also, view the pros and cons arguments as you have to get through the cons to get to the pros. It’s going to take a while for you my south Florida friend to get to the pros unless you live within driving distance to MIA.
You make a very valid point. Wait 3 aircraft are they still flying the CRJ?