View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 09:19 AM
OhSnapAF
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
I think what most fellow pilot are saying. Do your homework look into the mirror talk with your family. Don’t regret jumping ship for crew meals and the idea that you will get top dollar. My numbers earlier were conservative based upon min flying 75 hrs at AA or 7/7 at NJA. There is plenty of overtime at both companies. Both companies are unionized and support their pilots. I don’t think going either direction is a bad thing. At the end of the day what is it you want from AA/NJA. Arguing quality of Life is pointless when you compare the top two companies in different fields. (Operationally).

Also keep in mind anything said here is not law or guaranteed. I can call two NJA pilots I’m friends with. One will tell you he loves NJA and everything about it. The other will paint a gloomy picture 13 year upgrades, fatigue blah blah blah. But on the same token. I know two AA pilots who see AA in completely different lights.
Well said.

I will say that if you are wired for airline life, you will hate NetJets. Conversely, if you are wired to love more spontaneous and dynamic operations like NJA, you will love NJA. If the day to day elements of normal airline life make you wanna kill yourself, you may really like NJA. Giving up flow at AA with the outlook if the airline industry being so positive, would not be my recommendation if you enjoy or tolerate the airlines for what they are.

We are pilots, we are programmed to whine and moan about everything. I would ask, of your AA buddies that can’t stand AA, how many of them have their apps in at NJA? My guess is the answer is zero.