View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 02:23 PM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by jhugz View Post
My background is all 135 before k4. I did the same job as K2 just in turboprops. The 74 was my first jet, K4 was my first 121. Within 1.5 years, I became a 76 CA. If I was able to figure it out, then anyone can. I know what it takes to be a 135 on demand pilot. I also know what it takes to be a 121 CA. The skills do translate. It's really a bummer seeing current and ex-instructors putting down potential applicants.

I hope to see a lot more of you guys in the near future. Always love flying with true freight dogs again.
My point is, there is no shortage of qualified applicants applying. Why should we lower the standard of hours and experience and hire charter pilots thus shorting charters. Each pilot that transfers creates 2 training events not one. When I write “getter dun”, it means the difference between dive bombing with gear down and flaps 20, and the LNAV/VNAV transition that we do today. Which do you think is safer?

This is not my first airline. I have seen from both outside and inside what happens when you don’t hire the most qualified pilot. The cowboy days are over. That is not coming from me, as I have no dog in this argument. That is coming from the FAA. I would hate to see the company develop issues because they want to sooth feelings?