View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:44 AM
MNPS 50N50W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Jeff90 View Post
So you mean your flying along and an indicator takes a crap, that’s not normal? I mean because even in my car crap breaks. Your saying we are flying around with a half working gauge and it’s not written up which is false. Things break my truck had a oil pressure sensor go out and a blown tire all in one week and I keep up with my stuff very well. Things break it happens if you think things don’t break at south west American Alaska and they don’t carry MEL your gladly mistaken my man
I could only remind our Captains. If it breaks, write it up. DON'T blindside the next Crew.
Keep in mind that Swift management's decision to buy old airplanes may have helped to get the company going, but the decision to not buy PARTS, EQUIPMENT, and hire good Mechanics to keep them flying will cause the company to fail. Look at DMI's for instance. They will stay on the books until the last hour, then functional check normal. Next flight it's written up again, and it goes for the next time period.
I have been told by our MX, we don't have enough people, parts, or equipment to do our jobs. Can't continue this way and expect to remain in business for the long term.