View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:44 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
That is right! To further your point...

"Just Leave"

I would have to ask, "Leave to go where?" Are you suggesting to leave for another airline where the pilot group already went through this sort of thing? So, in other words, let someone else do your heavy lifting.

What would it be like if everyone felt that way and acted accordingly? Would there be any place good to go work at? Would the airline pilot profession be a profession at all?
Most of the investor-class in this country are anti-union to one degree or another. So while it's maddening to hear folks say "Just leave" or "You're at Atlas because you can't go anywhere else (Implying you're only worth a fraction of what other pilots are worth)", these are the personalities we have to recruit.

Perhaps framing our efforts in terms of an effort to help grow and right this place might be the pathway forward? First, it's true. We're trying to fix and grow this place for the benefit of all, including shareholders and managers. Second, it accelerates the process of putting shareholders on our side rather than seeing us as an enemy of profits.

There's a pretty direct line between safety issues and failure to grow. There's a pretty direct line between staffing issues an failure to grow/perform, too.

If we can illustrate that to the shareholders and maintain credibility we might get a lot more leverage to improve and build this company. Of course, I could be stupid. I'm probably stupid.