View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Bungalow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
I see you're an "ex" cargo dog. So I presume you "just left".

How nice.

But it reminds me of an encounter I had during an informational picket. A fat middle aged guy on a scooter tooled over to chat with me, a uniformed airline pilot, holding a picket sign.

He asked, "What's this all about?"

I gave my elevator pitch, "We're the pilots who fly for Amazon, DHL and the U.S. military trying to build awareness of our situation during contract negotiations."

Fat middle aged guy on a scooter answered, "So you're a union?"

"Yup."

He shoots back, "Get another job," and scooted off while looking over his shoulder at me.

Moral of the story: I EXPECT such cr&p from stupid outsiders. I don't expect it from fellow crew members.

Does it make sense for younger, junior guys to leave Atlas/Southern? Absolutely yes, in this job market.

It's not so easy for us older, more senior types. After all, if we older, more senior types don't fight for better working conditions in this hiring environment, then we're just allowing the bean counters to expedite the race to the bottom.

You're welcome.
He probably noticed all the fat middle age guys, walking in circles holding signs, and wondered if he had missed the party.