Thread: ExpressJet 2.0
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Melit View Post
More are leaving then they can hire. Your in a bad place. Keep parking aircraft. It isn’t cheap. They still have to be maintained. Exjet hasn’t made a profit since the Continental days, that’s why you keep getting sold/ drawn down. You’re a shrinking airline that has been a disappointment to the stake holders. How long until they pull the plug? You’re costing them money NOT making it! Now go cook your turkey!
XJT was what it was because CAL wanted it to be that way. It was later decided to use multiple vendors, the flying was spread out, and XJT suffered as a result of what followed. United is starting to invest in select companies again. I don’t expect them to flat out purchase regional airlines, but I do expect to see them shift flying to those that they are investing in. XJT isn’t going away. My bet is that in the next 5-10 years you see United flying more routes that are currently flown by regionals using 737/319’s, the flying will increase at companies who exclusively serve United such as XJT, and reduce those that don’t like Skywest.