View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 03:35 AM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
If you tell them your last day Nov 8th and your last day worked is Nov 2nd of course they will not pay the 6 days off. GAMA can accept your resignation for any day after your last day worked regardless of the date you place down on termination letter. Come on this is a business why would I pay you a daily rate to sit at home??
The agreement is 8 days on 6 days off so yes I would expect them to honor their side of the bargain and cover the 6 off after you had honored yours with the 8 on. We don't get paid a daily rate, we're on salary.

If you worked 16 days / 2 tours in the month you quit you should receive full pay credit for that month in my opinion. Otherwise you will see people playing the system back, and quitting 2 days into when their next tour should start etc.

Sick pay is a use it or lose it policy. If you worked here for 5 years and never called out sick, you would have accumulated a total of 25 days sick pay but would get none of it upon separation. It basically incentivizes people to call out sick, especially on national holidays where there is no extra compensation offered for working them. Unfortunately if you did the right thing and only called out sick for legitimate reasons you would not be rewarded for your good behavior when you resigned.

Now in the companies defense, there seems to be some confusion on how much vacation pay an employee is entitled to when they leave. At Gama, you take your vacation in one year and earn it the next, so if you worked here for 1 year and 1 week but had taken 2 weeks vacation you wouldn't have earned the second week yet so it would be deducted form you final pay check.

Most of the people that I know who quit before their training contract was up paid the pro rated amount, which is smart. Like LLWS said, a lot of guys have quit and then come back. Gama is fair in that regard so if you leave on good terms it would be silly to burn the bridge, even if the final numbers are interpreted to favor the company.

Last edited by Das Auto; 11-04-2019 at 04:10 AM.