View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Guppydriver95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Vernon Demerest View Post
I’ve done this. Had a PS seat home from training but got out early and went down to the earlier flight’s gate. Commuter from one of our UAX carriers was at the podium when the agent asked if I wanted the jumpseat. I asked if it was going to go out completely full. She responded yes. I said I’d wait for the next flight as the UAX pilot was already planning to take that jumpseat. Agent went into a priority speech that I interrupted thanking her but explaining that I had a seat on the next flight due to training etc and that this jumpseat should be “his”. UAX pilot thanked me and seemed confused but I explained that if I really needed that seat I should have listed online earlier and if it was an emergency I would have taken it but that we try not to do this to each other, especially when we have a PS seat on a flight leaving within two hours. I think he got it and hope he does the same when he (if already not already) gets here.
Well done. THIS is the type of mentoring we should be doing every day. It’s the culture I was raised with at United, and it’s up to each of us to continue to pass it to the next generation.