View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 06:26 AM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
Why is it appropriate to picket Amazon?

Speaking strictly from an Atlas/Southern point of view, it's because the company CLEARLY over-promised and under-delivered.

AAWW sold Amazon a "bill of goods".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...l%20of%20goods

It's appropriate because every single Atlas/Southern pilot has a vested interest in the success of Prime Air. But if the Prime Air deal is going to succeed then the weak links need to be identified ASAP.

The picketing is meant to bring awareness to the staffing issues at AAWW that are glowing red hot.

Also, AAWW is becoming famous for misleading customers and investors, blaming "disruptions" on labor and trade issues. That's all false of course, so the pickets are a good opportunity to meet with media who are interested in the real story. It's informative for both customers and investors.

Informational pickets are like a truth serum; the antidote to the spiked KoolAid the company is serving to customers and investors, and even new pilots who have never seen this game played.
Yes I think as far as AAWW is concerned you are correct, they are not acting in an honest or straight forward manner. I think you would be hard pressed to find another pilot who thinks AAWW is acting in an ethical manner. The pilots know it and the investors do too.

That said, what part of that is amazons fault? Why picket and call them out? And yes that has been happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...r-pilot-2019-7

This shows that the pilot group is against amazon directly. Granted it was only one pilot, but here is his quote:

"It takes a lot of bravery, courage, and moral fortitude to stand up to a really powerful corporation like Amazon," Russo told Business Insider before the strike on Monday.

So, to recap, I can understand why you may want to stand up to AAWW. We all get that. But why pee in the customers Cheerios?