View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:59 AM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post
Wow - if you want to talk about illegal strikes, that would be an illegal strike, and stupid strike. You're going to stop all flying to the detriment of your employer because one of the company's customers ended their contract?

Do you think ABX should have been striking in protest when their contracts with SAS and Aeromex ended? Would you have been on the line with them?

You don't strike against your customers, duh. You didn't really think this one through, did you?
Ok I will quote you again. Read the last 2 lines of YOUR post. Now let me reiterate. Why oh why is it OK to picket your customers but not go on strike against them? The answer, it’s NOT ok. Yet again, we know the difference between the strike and picket. That’s not what we’re talking about.

I absolutely get the tactic here. Show your customers that your employer is a problem and get the customer to set your employer straight. Here is the problem however (at least with amazon), Amazon doesn’t care about your or managements problems. They care about getting their freight moved from point A to point B on time and safely. Atlas/southern pilots have legitimate grievances against their management. Amazon doesn’t care. It’s not a good tactic to mess with the customers.

Messing with amazon, not just picketing but slowdowns and last minute fatigue calls has indeed forced their hand. A bridge for the future has been burned and now at least 2 airframes have been removed and sent to ATI. By the looks of it, likely all birds will be pulled and given to ATI. Think about how stubborn Amazon has been with ABX. Atlas won’t be getting those birds back, not until it’s cold in hell.

Lastly, anyone can criticize amazon all they want. Do that privately. Don’t do it publicly. It will only hurt you. But hey, you all do you.